Webroot is the amazing security product which provides full security to your device from external threat and it can be installed through www.webroot.com/safe. But sometimes users face issues, VPN Blocked by Webroot. Hence, in this blog you will read the solution of the issue VPN got blocked by Webroot.
You should locate the Webroot icon in your system tray.
After this, right-click on the system tray icon.
And then click on the ‘Shut down Protection’ option.
At last, follow all the directions to shut down Webroot antivirus protection.
2. Exclude VPN in Webroot:
1. First, you should launch Webroot antivirus program in your device.
2. Then, visit to Virus and Threat protection settings.
3. Now, you should select Exclusions.
4. At this point, select Add or remove exclusions.
5. At last, you should select Add an exclusion and then add your VPN client software.
3. Add Exception in Windows Firewall:
1. Visit to Start button and then you should write “Allow a program through Windows firewall” and then tap on “Enter” key.
2. Then, click on “Change Settings” options.
3. After this, click on “Allow another program”.
4. At this point, you should select the VPN software which you want to add or you can click on Browse option to find the VPN software and then just click OK button.
5. At the end, you should verify if you can connect to your VPN network.
4. Reinstall VPN Client Software:
1. First, find your VPN from the list of programs and then choose Uninstall option.
2. Now in the Setup Wizard, you receive the notification of uninstallation, then you should click on Close option to exit the wizard.
3. If the VPN is available after uninstalling it, then you should go to Start button and then just visit to Run button.
4. After this, you should write ncpa.cpl and tap on Enter key just to open the Network Connections.
5. Just under the Network Connections, you should right click on the WAN Miniport.
6. Here, you should select Delete button.
7. Then, you have to go to Start and then write “Network Connections”, and tap on Enter key.
8. At this point, you should right-click on VPN connection and then use the “Delete” option and then select VPN.
9. If in case, you see your VPN, just delete it.
5: Add rule for PPTP:
First, you require visiting to start button and then navigate to the Control Panel.
After this, you should go to the Window Firewall and then choose Advanced Settings.
Now, just search for the “Routing and Remote Access” just under the Inbound Rules and Outbound Rules.
6. Change Antivirus:
Webroot antivirus is not compatible with your VPN software that is why, VPN is blocked by Webroot. To fix this issue, you should replace Webroot with another antivirus which is compatible with your VPN. Or you can use antivirus programs which has free VPN features. The above mentioned method will help you to fix if VPN got blocked by Webroot. For more details about Webroot product, you can visit to the official site of Webroot via www.webroot.com/safe.