In this digital era, it is very essential that you regularly monitor your financial accounts and statements because if there is anything wrong in your accounts, then you can easily spot the identity theft. You must install security software Webroot through www.webroot.com/safe in your device because it immediately scans the dark web for breaches, in case any of your personal information has leaked online then you can immediately came to know and can take action against the hackers. In this blog, you will read the warning signs if you become the victim of Identity theft and how you can protect yourself.
Warning signs if you become the Victim of identity theft: webroot.com/safe
- You will notice that there are unexpected charges on your bank or credit card statements. This can mean that someone is accessing your financial accounts. In this case, you should immediately contact your financial institutions.
- If you are getting Login alerts for websites and also for the services you use. This means that somebody has acquired your login credentials so in this case, you should immediately change your password.
- If you found there is sudden changes to your credit score. If there is increase in credit score this means that someone attempt to extend your credit.
- If the collection agencies are contacting you to give their debts which you have not taken.
- If you applied for the loan but the loan or credit application is denied by the company. This means that your credit history is in worse shape.
- If found the unrecognized loans or other credit accounts in your credit report this means that identity thief has applied for the loan in your name and that is why you are seeing that loan on your credit statement.
- If in case, your tax documents have already been filed, but didn’t file them yourself, this means that someone is trying to claim your tax refund.
- If you have not taken any health care treatment but those claims are added on your medical records this means the identity thief is using your insurance that is why it is appearing on your medical records.
Read Also – What are the Norms for Setting a Strong Password?
How you can protect Yourself against Identity Theft?
If you want to secure yourself against Identity Theft, then you should take some necessary steps.
- You should keep unique password for all your accounts and do not re-use them.
- Just limit your sharing on social media as Identity thieves can use your personal details to access your account.
- You should use multi-factor authentication so that it becomes harder for the hacker to hack your account.
- You should always keep your mobile device lock through password, or PIN.
- If you are on the public place then you should use VPN connection which encrypts your sending and receiving data.
- Do not click on any links in the emails or messages which is sent to you by strangers as it could be phishing attack.
If you need more technical assistance, then you can visit to the site of Webroot antivirus through www.webroot.com/safe.