Webroot antivirus is the most trustable antivirus for your digital devices. As sometimes our device data finishes but you urgently need to mail or text message to your friend or colleague. But we know that the using Public Wi-Fi is dangerous for your device. Because hackers can steal sensitive information from your device. So, Webroot antivirus gives you very useful and security tips for using a free Wi-Fi. This antivirus can be install via www.webroot.com/safe. You can follow these tips and can use a free Wi-Fi at any place, without any fear of cyber threat.
What are the security tips for using Free WI-FI?
- If you want to verify that the available Wi-Fi, which you want to use is genuine then you should contact to the owner of that shop for the verification of that Wi-Fi.
- When you are using public Wi-Fi, prefer to logging in or send sensitive information through encrypted websites. And it is advised that do not surf on un-trusted sites.
- Always use VPN network, to browse any site or send any information through web. There are many service providers who offer VPN. This service is provided on phones also.
- There are some ways through which you can remain protected is installing plug-ins and browser adds on. Some of the add –on are Force TLS and HTTPS which are secured.
- Change the settings of your device, so that it does not connect to the public Wi-Fi automatically.
- For the additional layer of protection of your device, you should have the best antivirus i.e. Webroot.com/safe in your device. Because if your device get connected to the unsecured Wi-Fi, the antivirus gives you the alert signal.
- Use 2FA for your accounts, so that if someone gets your password they will not be able to log in your account.
- Avoid operating your financial account on public Wi-Fi such as paying bills, accessing net banking accounts, using your credit cards and debit cards etc.
- Your firewall setting should be always turning on because it creates a wall between the hackers and threat.
- Always turn off your Wi-Fi connection when you have done your work. Your browser setting should be up to date and be of latest version.
These are all the security tips for using public Wi-Fi and you can install Webroot antivirus via www.webroot.com/safe. If you find any problem or you want more information then you can visit to its official website for help and assistance.