How You Can Secure Your Smart Home and IOT Devices?Webroot.com/safe
To make their home smart and efficient, people are using more IOT devices like smart TVs, security cameras, smart locks, and gaming consoles to make their life convenient. These devices are connected to internet, and new opportunity for the cybercriminals. So, Webroot team wants their user that they should protect their smart homes from cybercriminals. You can install this antivirus software through www.webroot.com/safe. This antivirus protect your internet connected devices from all kind of threats like malware, spyware, Trojans, rootkits, ransomware and also from phishing attacks etc. It also stops the unauthorized access to your device. Blog
Tips to Secure Your Smart Homes and IOT Devices:
Here are some tips which you should follow to protect your Smart Homes:
- You should give your router a name, which is not associated with your street address or any of your personal information.
- You should use a strong encryption method like WPA2 as this will keep your network and communication secure.
- You can setup a guest network, means your relatives or friends log into the separate network which is not connected with your other IOT devices.
- You should change the default username and password of your IOT devices as cybercriminals know the password which comes with your IOT devices so with that default password they can easily access your device.
- You should keep a strong, unique and complex password for your Wi-Fi network and also for your device account. Password should consist of symbols, numbers, and upper and lower case characters. To generate a password you can take help of the password manager.
- The IOT devices which come with the default privacy and settings, you should change those settings for the privacy.
- You should always update your device as update fixes many loopholes in your devices and also gives more security features for your device.
- Device comes with many features; the features which you don’t want disable them.
- You should activate 2 FA in your device; in this the code will send to your device to verify you. This will keep away all the hackers away from your device.
- It is strictly advised that you should not operate your IOT devices from public Wi-Fi. If it is necessary then operate your device through VPN network as this will encrypt the sending and receiving data.
If you want more details, then you can contact to the customer care expert any time from any device on their toll free number as they are available all the time. You can also visit to their website via webroot.com/safe.