What Are The Types of Proxy Server and It’s Downside?
March 6, 2021 Proxy server 0 Comments
A proxy server is the gate between your browser and the internet. If the user use proxy server, then their internet traffic is sent to the proxy and the user is not in direct contact with the sites they visit on the web. But proxy servers don’t provide complete security, so Webroot team wants its user to install Webroot antivirus through webroot.com/safe which gives complete security from threat. In this blog, you will read the types of Proxy server and its risk.
Types Of Proxy Server: Www.webroot.com/safe
- Transparent Proxies: Basically, transparent proxy is not used for maintaining privacy and security. It actually tells the web server that it’s a proxy and also identifies you to the web server by showing your actual IP address. The main purpose of this proxy is content filtering and data caching and is used in schools, businesses and in public places like library etc.
- Distorting Proxies: It is like a “fake beard and glasses” kind of proxy. This proxy gives a false IP address to the web server but it identifies itself as a proxy. It provides anonymity and the benefit is that it tricks the web server that you’re in a different location. It simply provides you, geo-based content restrictions. Another benefit is, it add a layer of security, but there are some sites who deny requests from an online proxy and don’t allow you to visit these sites with a distorting proxy.
- Anonymous Proxies: An anonymous proxy will keep your IP address hidden from the websites you visit and also protect you from identity theft. It also allow you for anonymous browsing. These proxies also reveal themselves as proxy server that is why some websites do not give you access. It provide defense for your IP address.
- High Anonymity Proxies: The high anonymity proxies are the best proxy, if cyber security is concerned. It uses your IP address but it will change the IP address timely to the web servers of the sites you visit. As a result, websites cannot use online tracking methods to spy on your browsing. And also this proxy does not reveal itself to be a proxy to the web server. It also makes sure that your digital tracks are covered, that is why it is the secure type of proxy server.
Normally, proxy servers won’t encrypt your web traffic, which results in online threats like hackers or snoops. So , it is advised that you should use VPN (virtual private network) which provides you more protection. Webroot Wi-Fi security and VPN will mask your IP address and you can browse the web freely.
Risk of Using a Proxy Server:
- Potentially Unstable: There are many web proxies which are free, as a result lot of people are using these servers at the same time. That is why, some proxy servers have unstable connections and continuously drop out.
- Slow Speeds: If your internet connection is slow, a proxy can be the reason of it. As many users are using proxy server, this slow down its speed.
- Security Issues: There are many proxy servers which don’t encrypt the contents of your web traffic. So, this will put a threat to your cybersecurity because without encryption, your valuable data like usernames, passwords, account information, etc. can easily be stolen by hackers.
So, we recommend you to use Webroot Wi-Fi security and VPN for hiding your IP Address and encrypting your data and this can be install through Webroot.com/safe.