How you can Spot Fake Mobile Apps and Stay Protected with Webroot?
Today, in this digital world everybody is doing their maximum work through Mobiles. Maximum internet traffic is from Mobile phones. So it is your responsibility to protect your mobile data from hackers. Because mobile scams are increasing day by day. Hence, Webroot team wants their user to be aware of these mobile scams and stay protected. You can install this through www.webroot.com/safe . This antivirus secures your device from cyber threat and stops the unauthorized access to your device. This software is compatible with the devices like Window OS, Mac, Laptops, Computers and Android Phones.
How to Identify Fake Mobile Apps?
- For this, you have to do some research. There is a possibility if the developer is getting few reviews or very little downloads, this means that they just started up. It also possible that the attackers are tricking you so that you download the app. Search on the Internet about the app and the developer. The legitimate developers must have a website which tells you about the app and any other apps which company has made.
- You must read the reviews of the app which are available. If they seem short than it is possible that it is a scam. You can also take the reviews from users who have used that app.
- It is advised that you must notice the details like the images of the app means good design shows a good app. Attackers are always in a hurry so they sometimes make mistakes. So you must always look for mismatched fonts, misspellings and non-symmetrical placement of logos and images.
- You must look for the explanations and details of what the app do. The Legitimate app developers write the good explanation of app instructions and detailed features of the app.
- Fake apps are clones of established apps. You must see the name of the developer to check if it matches up with the app. And also note the amount of reviews, basically popular apps have hundreds reviews.
You must download and install Webroot antivirus in your device through www.webroot.com/safe. As this antivirus add an extra layer of protection when you are browsing for new apps. It scans the new apps before you download in your device so that it does not harm your device.
For help, you can call the customer care expert of Webroot antivirus anytime from anywhere. You can also visit to the site of Webroot antivirus via webroot.com/safe. @webroot.com/safe