What to do If Your VPN Get Obstructed By Webroot?
Webroot is the powerful antivirus software which gives full protection to your gadgets from emerging threats. You can install this via www.webroot.com/safe. It safeguards your device from internet scams like Trojans, rootkits, ransomware, viruses, malware and phishing attacks. It gives the protective layer to your data and device. It quickly identifies the malicious sites and blocks it and gives you the alarm notification of threat. It scans the device on regular basis so that virus and malware does not harm your device. It consumes less space but increase the speed of your device. In this blog, you will learn what you should do when your VPN gets obstruct by Webroot.
When VPN Gets Obstruct with Webroot, follow these Points:
- Temporarily Disable Webroot: For this, first you have to locate the Webroot icon in your system tray. Then you have to right-click on the system tray icon and after this, you have to click on the ‘Shut down Protection’ option. Now you have to follow all the instructions to shutdown Webroot protection.
- Exclude VPN in Webroot: For this, first you have to launch Webroot antivirus program. Then you have to go to Virus and Threat protection settings and just you have to Select Exclusions. After this, you have to Select Add or remove exclusions. Now you have to Select Add exclusion and then just add your VPN client software.
- Add Exception in Windows Firewall: For this, first you have to go to Start options and then you have to type “Allow a program through Windows firewall” and just hit the Enter key. Now just click on “Change Settings” options. After this, you have to click on “Allow another program”. Now you have to Select the VPN software which you want to add, or you can also click on Browse to find the VPN software. After this, just click OK. Just check if you can connect to your VPN.
- Reinstall VPN client software: For this, first you have to go to Start option and select Programs & Features. After this, you have to find VPN from the list of programs and then you have to select Uninstall. Now in the Setup Wizard, you will get a notification after uninstall, then you have to click on Close to exit from the wizard. If the VPN is still listed after uninstall, then you have to go to Start and then select Run. Now you have to type ncpa.cpl and just press Enter to open the Network Connections window. Under Network Connections, you have to right click on the WAN Miniport and just Select Delete. After this, just go to Start and type “Network Connections”, and then you have to press Enter. Here you have to right -click a VPN connection and then select Delete option. Just select VPN and delete it.
- Add Rule for PPTP: For this, first you have to go to Start option and then select Control Panel. Now you have to go to Windows Firewall and Select Advanced Settings. Here you have to Search for the ‘Routing and Remote Access under the Inbound Rules and Outbound Rules.
If you still have any kind of problem, you can call Webroot experts anytime from anywhere. For details, just visit to the site webroot.com/safe.